Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Leica M6

Who's got 2 thumbs and an M6? - This Moi!

What I'll do with it remains to be seen.

I could'nt pass up a good opportunity when I saw this camera. The only thing is that I'll probably never be able to afford any of Leica's beautiful lenses (that I would actually want) to go with it. I'm happy with my Voigtlander lenses. I think they're awesome and work just as good as their Leica counter parts, at a fraction of the price. In any case. If I keep this camera, it'll be a good investment.

I've never been into the whole Leica mystique. They dont really suit my shooting style. Dont get my wrong, I know why they have the rep that they do, and I think they are beautiful. But there are other brands out there that do the same if not more, and look just as awesome at the same time. I've never been one for luxury labels and the Leica brand, for sure, is just as Lux as the names Gucci, Farrari, Chanel, etc. I've always been happy with my "off" brand shooters. Not to mention that every jackass hispster that has ever thought about a camera, covet these things. Which probably turns me off the most about this brand.

Anyhoo, its a decent camera. Shoots nicely, really the only thing that bugs me about it so far is that its got a hair trigger, and metering on it is like playing russian roulette, oh and also, theres not trigger lock. I'll probably only use it for snap shots. So whatever. I still need to develop the rolls, so theres no final verdict on this lil-guy yet. TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment