Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sophie's Choice


Its been months since I've had a moment to post anything here. I'm sorry for that. I hope to have more content soon. Theres a few images some of you might not have seen, that I have waiting in the wings, I just wanted to get a few more done before I presented them. But with work ramping up, I dont know when that will happen. But stay tuned!

Ive been shooting film a lot more lately, which has been really fun. Its nice to be developing my own film again. Its been way too long since I've done it regularly (about 15 years!) It was just like riding a bike! So nice and easy to do at home. I highly recommend it to all you lil punks out there that have never tried it before. There are a ton of resources on the internetz to baby step you through it. I know walmart will do it for you for cheap, but just save a couple of rolls and give it a shot, you wont be sorry, AND you can go around telling people youve done it. That alone, Im sure is worth the hassel -- Fuckers :P

Anyhoo, For now, I just wanted to post a couple of camera portraits that I took today. I'm getting ready to thin out my collection, and these two 6x7s have been been put on the block. I know ultimately, one will get a stay of removal. I love 6x7 too much to stop shooting in this format. I cant justify having both, but which one...

Both have their stronge and weak points, but I think when it finally comes down to it, I'm going to have to stick with the cheaper, more versatile, (and sexier) kit (Pentax 67). The Mamiya shoots like a dream and is probably the best film camera Ive ever owned. But it's just too expensive to maintain and build. I can and often do take the Pentax 67 out with me, cant do that with the RZ67, its just way too big. Also I only have 1 lens for the Mamiya, a 110mm f2.8 which rocks. I would love more, but RZ67 glass is too expensive for my limited budget. Whereas P67 lenses can be had for a song! In general their optics arent as good as Mamiya's, but theyre good enough. Especially when your piss poor.

It's really cutting me deep that I have to get rid of the RZ67, but times are tough and I need to keep feeding my ravenous addiction. I need me an X-Pro1! I want to invest in a descent carry around digital camera with a VF, rather then keep a camera I'll only use a few times a year. I think itll be a wise exchange....maybe?....

Ok, that's it, just wanted to shoot a update to y'all. I'm not dead. Just busy and stressed and blocked up and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment