Friday, March 25, 2011

My Cheap Ass iPad Stand Will Live On In Infamy

So I got an email from Instructables, 3 emails actually, all stating that I got a free Pro Account. Both for being featured on their main site and for being included in their upcoming book. Isnt that grand??? You wanna know what Awesome-Sauce I came up with that would get the editor's attention?


This Simple and Cheap iPad Stand took me all of a minute to make, and cost me about zero dollars and zero cents. I put it up on instructables for the hell of it on a lazy day about a year ago. Mainly coz I never put anything up before. Within an hour, the project got featured, and got thousands of hit. I am guess it was the first iPad stand tutorial on instructables, and why it got so much attention. But whatever, I was actually kind of embarrassed that it was such a hit. It looks so janky and cheap. I wasnt expecting so much attention for it. Whatever, so a year goes by and now this! I guess the editors liked it enough to remember it. I will confess that I still use it as my iPad stand. there really wasnt a need for another after I made this. It is sturdy and works as it should, best of all, it was free! Anyway, yeah, so who woulda thunk that this crap would make it into annals of history. Not I....

If my life boils down to me being remembered for my mediocrity, then I guess I really made it as an American ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment